Parents As Career Coaches - Feb. 5 & 6 2018, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
PARENTS AS CAREER COACHES (PACC): Senior High
Why should I attend a PACC session?
While others certainly play a role in a child’s career journey, studies have shown that parents have a notable impact. PACC will provide you with:
- information, tools (student workbook & parent guide) and strategies to assist your child in making informed career, academic and training decisions.
- a variety of web resources, which will help your child research potential careers and answer some important questions (e.g. educational requirements, job prospects, wages etc.).
- techniques and tools to assist your child in identification of interests, skills and personal qualities.
- an understanding of how the journey from school to work has changed and what to expect, as your child moves from school to work.
- strategies and techniques, which will help your child identify careers, which they might want to pursue.
Who should attend?
Parents (grand-parents, foster parents etc.) of students in grades 9/10 to 12.
What have other parents said about the program?
Over the past decade, over 98% rated this program as either “excellent” or “good”
"I really have no idea how a parent/child could plan a career path without this workshop!"
"Awesome program, fast paced, with excellent presentation, thoughtful delivery, answering many of the questions I had or would have had."
“This program changed my thinking from “what do you want to be” to. “where will your journey begin”
We hope you will join us for Parents as Career Coaches Senior High:
School: Halifax West High School
Dates: Monday, February 5 & Tuesday, February 6, 2018 (Snow date, if required, February 7)
Times: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Session 1)
6:30 pm – 8:40 pm (Session 2)
Location for both sessions: Halifax West High School
Please Note: The senior high program takes two evenings to complete
You can register for an upcoming session at www.parentsascareercoaches.ca If you do not have internet access or do not wish to register on the website, please contact the school office to add your name to the session list.